Blue Meanies (Cubensis)
- Free Canada Post Express for orders $149+
- Completely private & vacuum sealed packaging
Blue Meanies (Cubensis)
Don't let their name scare you away - these shrooms can still play nice. Blue Meanies get their name from the Beatles' Yellow Submarine movie. Even a low dose of these potent shrooms can transport users to a psychedelic wonderland.
Effects of Psilocybin
Blue Meanies' get their psychedelic properties from psilocin and psilocybin. In nature, shrooms organically grow these two compounds.
Psilocybin and psilocin are consumed orally. After about an hour, users will begin to feel an array of psychedelic effects. Known as a “trip,” these include:
- Increased happiness: shroom trips begin with slightly boosted mood. This ramps up quickly. Shroom trips often include uncontrollable fits of giggling and laughter.
- Decreased sleepiness: shrooms boost arousal and keep users awake for their duration. Paradoxically, shrooms can also cause yawning.
- Hallucinogenic properties: shrooms are notorious for the hallucinations they cause. Hallucinations can include a vast variety of visions. For example, some psychonauts see shapes or fractals over their vision.
The effects of shrooms reach a crescendo between hours 1 and 2. After that, trips continue to peak and valley for the next 4-6 hours.
Shrooms are usually dried before being consumed. They have a crunchy, powdery texture. The caps of shrooms contain more psilocybin than the stalks do.
Expanding the Mind
Shrooms are famous for their psychedelic effects. Those aren't their only traits, though.
Shrooms can have a deep impact on the psyche. Mycologist and shroom expert Terence McKenna expands on this in his “stoned ape” theory. He thought that early humans used psilocybin to increase their creativity, imagination, artistic output, philosophy, culture, and more.
Psilocybe Cubensis Shrooms
Blue Meanies are a member of shroom nobility. They're a subspecies of Psilocybe Cubensis, a popular psychedelic strain worldwide. Other well-known Psilocybe Cubensis strains include Golden Teachers and Penis Envy.
Most Psilocybe Cubensis shrooms are orange-coloured. However, Blue Meanies have a distinctive azure tint. They look like other Psilocybe Cubensis strains, though.
All Psilocybe Cubensis shrooms have long, tapered stalks that lean sideways. Their caps are round, proud, and wide. A bold orange colour begins in the centre, fading to white around the edge of the cap.